The Government believes that it is important that people from a wide range of backgrounds take up public appointments so that the Boards of public bodies reflect the rich diversity of our society and better understand the needs of the communities they serve. Appointments are made on merit and applications are welcome from all sections of society.
- Appointments to Governing Bodies of the six Further Education Colleges
- Appointment of a Commissioner & a Legally Qualified Commissioner to the Board of the Charity Commission for Northern Ireland
- Appointment seven Non-Executive Directors to the Belfast HSC Trust (BHSCT):- one with specific financial experience; one representative of Queen’s University Belfast (QUB); and one representative of the Mater Hospital Trustees
- Appointment of three Non-Executive Directors to the Northern Ireland Ambulance Service
- Appointment of Chair to the Board of Northern Ireland Transport Holding Company
- Appointments of Deputy Chief Commissioner and Commissioners for the Equality Commission for Northern Ireland
- Appointment of a Member to the Board of the Human Tissue Authority (HTA)
- Appointment of School Governors (Becoming a school Governor – promotional video)
To find out how appointments to public bodies are regulated, take a look at the Commissioner for Public Appointments for Northern Ireland website
All Aboard is the news-sheet of the Central Appointments Unit. Its main purpose is to provide information on the public appointment vacancies that are expected to arise in the coming months. You can download the current All Aboard, Issue 20 at the link below.
You can also view public appointment vacancies in England and for public bodies that operate throughout the UK on the Gov.UK website.
Make your mark
A guide to Public Appointments in Northern Ireland is available for download below.
Customer Service Standards
The Central Appointments Unit is committed to providing the best possible service to our customers. We describe what we aim to achieve in our Customer Service Standards. These standards are reviewed periodically to see if they can be improved upon.
The annual reports can be accessed by clicking on the link below: