The Policy Toolkit
The Policy Toolkit is intended to provide a practical overview of the key steps and key phases in the policy development process. It is divided into individual workbooks, which are structured around the key stages of the policy process to enable policy-makers to dip into the guidance as appropriate. The Policy Toolkit supercedes the Integrated Impact Assessment Tool.
The Toolkit is structured as follows:
- Workbook 1: Justification and Set Up (PDF 500 KB)
- Workbook 2: Developing and Analyzing the Evidence Base (PDF 134 KB)
- Workbook 3: Identifying and Appraising Policy Options (PDF 198 KB)
- Workbook 4: A Practical Guide to Impact Assessment (PDF 903 KB)
- Workbook 4 in MS Word format (1.37 MB)
- Workbook 5: From Consultation to Announcement PDF 539 KB)
The Toolkit will be updated in response to feedback/suggestions and amendments.