Research and statistics
Welcome to the Office of the First Minister and Deputy First Minister Research Branch website. We provide a research and statistical resource to the Equality Division.
The Branch comprises of seven professional research staff from Northern Ireland Statistics and Research Agency (NISRA) who are out-posted into OFMDFM to provide professional research and statistical advice. The branch is responsible for the following work areas:
You can access the research publications from the link below.
The latest research and statistical publications published are listed below:
- Economy in Transition: Future Drivers, Challenges, Impacts and Issues for Policy Consideration (PDF 2.31MB)
- Understanding Socio-Economic Inequalities affecting Older People (PDF 1.65MB)
- An exploratory study of the wealth of Older People in Ireland – North and South (PDF 1.63MB)
- Disability Strategy 2012-2015 Supplementary Statistical Bulletin #4: Employment and Standard of Living (PDF 2.56MB)
- Childminding in NI: an exploration of practice and quality issues and of the impacts of vertical placements on children (PDF 9.46MB)
Childminding in NI: an exploration of practice and quality issues and of the impacts of vertical placements on children - Appendices (PDF 1.86MB)
- Financial Resilience and Security: Examining the impact of falling housing markets on low income homeowners in Northern Ireland (PDF 1.01MB)
- A Review of the Legislative and Policy Context in relation to Looked After Disabled Children and Young People in Northern Ireland