A Shared Future - Policy and Strategic Framework for Good Relations in Northern Ireland was published on Monday 21 March 2005.
A Shared Future - Policy and Strategic Framework for Good Relations in Northern Ireland
If you would like to download a copy of the A Shared Future report please use the link below:
- A shared future policy (PDF 346 KB)
- A shared future first triennial action plan 2006-2009 (PDF 0.97 MB)
Alternatively if you would like a hard copy please use the contact details below:
tel: 028 9052 23182
Good Relations Panel
In A Shared Future, Government made a public commitment to the establishment of a Good Relations Panel.
This cross-departmental group, chaired by the Head of the Northern Ireland Civil Service and supported by officials in OFMDFM, will report to Ministers. The panel which is made up of senior representatives from key departments, representatives from local government, the Housing Executive, the Police Service of Northern Ireland, Equality Commission and the Community Relations Council will harness actions across government.
The responsibilities of the Panel include:
- co-ordinate long-term actions,
- advise on targeting of resources
- monitor outcomes,
- develop the actions / priority areas
- provide joined up coherent action to promote relationship building,
- prepare the Triennial Action Plan underpinned by Section 75,
- establishing a mechanism to involve, on an on-going basis, wider civic society in shaping a triennial action plan.
List of publications, speeches and consultations
A number of reports, consultations and speeches have been published relating to the A Shared Future Policy. Please see below link to download the list of documents available.
If you would like to receive an electronic or hard copy of any report listed please use the contact information below.
phone: 028 9037 8201
More useful links
- Community Relations Unit
- Community Relations Council