Victims and Survivors Service
In this section you will find the latest information on the establishment of the new Victims and Survivors Service.
Establishment of a new Victims and Survivors Service
The new Victims and Survivors Service (VSS) became operational on 2 April 2012.
The new service will provide support for all victims and survivors - those who belong to victims groups and those who do not. It will listen and be responsive to the needs of victims and survivors.
Support will be provided to victims and survivors based on identified and agreed need.
The following key principles will apply to the new service:
- better co-ordination of funding
- more efficient use of resources
- to make use of and improve upon good practice in the sector
- to obtain better information on outputs
- to collate information on individual needs, and
- better evaluation of service provided
- August 2009 – Consultation paper on a Victims and Survivors Service published
- 8 December 2009 - Strategy for Victims and Survivors (PDF 356KB) published
Victims and Survivors Service contact details
- phone: 028 9027 9100
- email: email@example.com
The VSS also has a temporary website:
For media enquiries contact the VSS Press Office on 028 9027 9104.