Equality and Strategy
Equality and Strategy Directorate is responsible for developing and monitoring the Programme for Government, for providing economic advice and for a range of cross-cutting issues and initiatives to address equality, good relations, deprivation and social exclusion.
Equality and Strategy Directorate
The Directorate takes this forward through a comprehensive new delivery framework, Delivering Social Change framework (DSC). Delivering Social Change has been designed to deliver a range of commitments in the Programme for Government which seek to address deprivation and social exclusion. The DSC aims to deliver the following two outcomes:
- a sustained reduction in poverty and associated issues, across all ages; and
- an improvement in children and young people’s health, wellbeing and life opportunities thereby breaking the long-term cycle of multi-generational problems.
More information on the Delivering Social Change Framework can be found here.
A major part of the DSC work falls to the Equality and Strategy Directorate; you can access policy and strategy information from the themes below.
- Equality, Human Rights and Social ChangeAge, Childcare, Children and young people, Poverty and Social Inclusion, Disability, Gender Equality, Sexual Orientation and Human Rights
- Programme for Government, Economics and StatisticsProgramme for Government (PfG) and Budget, Economic Policy, Rebalancing the Economy and Sustainable Development
- Good Relations and Building a United CommunityTogether: Building a United Community, Community Relations, Victims, Victims and Survivors Service, Racial Equality and Good Relations