Economic Policy and Regeneration
- About Economic Policy and RegenerationThe Economic Policy and Regeneration Directorate has responsibility for the Programme for Government, Sustainable Development Policy, sponsorship and oversight responsibilities for Integrated Development Fund, Economic Research Institute of Northern Ireland, ILEX and Strategic Investment Board, strategic planning for NI's infrastructure investment and facilitating the regeneration of the Maze/Long Kesh, Ebrington and Magherafelt sites.
- Rebalancing the NI Economy and Corporation TaxIn this section you will find information on Rebalancing the NI Economy and Corporation Tax.
- Cross Sector Advisory ForumThe Economic Advice Unit (EAU) is a small branch within Economic Policy Unit. It is headed by a Senior Economist who is assisted by one Deputy Economist and one Assistant Economist with shared administrative support.
- December 2008 Credit Crunch PackageTo protect the local people and business from the effects of the credit crunch the First Minister and the deputy First Minister announced in the NI Assembly on 15 December 2008, a range of measures to sustain the local economy through the worst period of the economic downturn.
- Sustainable DevelopmentSustainable development is about balancing our economic, social and environmental goals. The development of the Northern Ireland economy is important but it must not be our only consideration. There needs to be a balance between prosperity, people, and our environment. We are building a society not only for ourselves, but for our children and our children’s children.
- Regeneration Sites TeamThe Regeneration Sites Team is in the Strategic Investment and Reform Division and is responsible for taking forward work flowing from the Reinvestment and Reform Initiative.
- Maze/Long Kesh
- Strategic Investment Board The SIB has three main roles – helping to deliver projects, fostering reform and building a long term investment strategy for Northern Ireland.
- Programme for Government and Budget Access the Government’s main policies and priorities for the years ahead.