Research and statistics
Welcome to the Office of the First Minister and Deputy First Minister Research Branch website. We provide a research and statistical resource to the Equality Division.
The Branch comprises of seven professional research staff from Northern Ireland Statistics and Research Agency (NISRA) who are out-posted into OFMDFM to provide professional research and statistical advice.
The branch is responsible for the following work areas:
The latest research and statistical publications published are listed below:
Recession, resilience and rebalancing social economies in Northern Ireland’s neighnourhoods: findings from a baseline survey of residents
- A Review of the Legislative and Policy Context in relation to Looked After Disabled Children and Young People in Northern Ireland
- Disabled Children and Young People who are looked after: A Literature Review
- The Social Economy in Northern Ireland (PDF 1.14MB)
- Labour Force Survey Religion Report 2012
- ‘Getting-by’, Coping and Resilience in Difficult Times: Initial Findings
- Child and Working Age Poverty in Northern Ireland over the next decade: an update
- Consultation on Good Relations Indicators Review - deadline for response extended to 31 March 2014